mercoledì 26 dicembre 2012

MY HOMELAND


The origin of mankind
The home of humanity
Mother of all the resources
diamond, petroleum, gas, gold
Situated on the biblical nature
seas, rivers, lakes, forests
elephants, giraffes, hippopotamus
pineapple, paw-paw, mango, coconut.
My land is of the sun and of the air
where plants and trees play and sing
the animals dance and enchant
where every creature is born a dancer.
My land is mysterious
where every creature has a soul
souls that never die
where the living and the ancestors live together
where every beauty is magical.
My land is the culture itself
traditions, religions, literature
food, customs, family
where all are born relatives.
My land is also sentimental
that makes me shed tears often
of joy and very much of sadness
This is my Homeland, Africa!

Blessing Sunday Osuchukwu

Nessun commento: